- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While details are being kept tightly guarded, the one-hour series will showcase fighters from the emerging mixed martial arts league. The still-untitled show, which will join such Spike series as Ink Master and Blue Mountain State, is set to bow in 2013.
“Some of the most physically gifted and fascinating athletes in the world fight in Bellator, and I believe they make ideal subjects for an innovative new nonscripted series,” said van Munster, whose other TV credits include Oprah’s Big Give and TNT’s upcoming The Great Escape.
Added Sharon Levy, Spike’s executive vp original programming, “The concept of this groundbreaking new series will broadly appeal to not only mixed martial arts fans but to reality show enthusiasts as well.”
Van Munster and his Profiles Television Productions co-founder Elise Doganieri will serve as executive producers, with Levy and senior vp original programming Tim Duffy set to oversee the project for the network. Bellator fare airs Friday nights on both MTV2 and Epix with only prelims on Spike.com, but it is moving to Spike TV next year.
Van Munster is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the hollywood reporter