- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Boyhood‘s Patricia Arquette won the Independent Spirit Award for the best supporting female.
She beat out fellow nominees Jessica Chastain, Carmen Ejogo, Andrea Suarez Paz and Emma Stone to take home the honor.
“I’ve made a lot of independent films. I’ve made my living in network television, and thank God for that,” said the former Medium star. “There should be an award at this awards ceremony for distributors. Everybody who has made a small film knows you can make an incredible work of art, but if you don’t have the right distributor pushing it through, it will never get seen.”
Arquette has earned acclaim for playing the mother in Richard Linklater‘s drama. She was presented the award by her costar Ethan Hawke. She is also up for an Oscar in the supporting actress category.
The Independent Spirit Awards honors exclusively independent films, bringing together top Hollywood talent and independent filmmakers. Fred Armisen and Kristen Bell are co-hosting the 30th annual Film Independent Spirit Awards, which is being broadcast live on IFC.
Follow the show events with The Hollywood Reporter’s live blog. See all the winners here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day