- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Split actress Haley Lu Richardson has joined The Pact, the Universal-Good Universe comedy that marks the directorial debut of Pitch Perfect writer Kay Cannon.
Leslie Mann, Ike Barinholtz and John Cena are starring in the project, which tells of three parents who discover their daughters’ pact to lose their virginity at prom and launch a covert one-night operation to stop the teens from sealing the deal.
Richardson will play Mann’s daughter. Universal has set an April 20, 2018 release.
The comedy will be produced by Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and James Weaver, under their Point Grey Pictures banner, alongside Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg and DMG Entertainment’s Chris Fenton.
The script was written by brothers Brian and Jim Kehoe, Hurwitz, Schlossberg and Eben Russell.
Richardson starred with Hailee Steinfeld in the acclaimed teen drama The Edge of Seventeen and appeared with James McAvoy and Anya Taylor-Joy in Universal’s hit horror movie Split. The M. Night Shyamalan movie has grossed over $115 million domestically.
Richardson is repped by Gersh and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day