- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spotify has tapped a veteran Hollywood dealmaker to lead its podcast business affairs as it continues to expand its global audio offerings.
Jean Chi is joining the tech company from Paramount, according to a source familiar with the hiring. She will serve in the newly created role of global head of podcast business affairs, where she will oversee the dealmaking process across Spotify Studios, Gimlet, Parcast and The Ringer.
The longtime entertainment executive will oversee Spotify’s worldwide business affairs team, reporting to vp business affairs David Kaefer.
Chi comes to Spotify after three years at Paramount, where she served as executive vp business affairs and lead a team that worked on films including A Quiet Place 2, Mission: Impossible 7 and Rocketman. She has also served in senior roles at A24, Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment. A graduate of NYU School of Law, Chi got her start at Latham & Watkins.
Spotify, which has 299 million users across 92 markets, has been on a dealmaking spree since it began investing in podcasts in 2018, striking a podcasting deal with Barack and Michelle Obama, lining up projects from creative talent like Paul Feig and Jordan Peele and enticing personalities like Joe Rogan to make Spotify their exclusive home.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day