- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The line between fiction and reality is about to get a lot blurrier, with a new Chinese-language project from Stan Lee and Lee’s POW! Entertainment bringing the two into direct confrontation.
Between the Lines, a serialized prose novel adapted from an original story by Lee, is based around the idea that characters from classic Chinese and international fiction can cross over into the real world, with only a regular kid — Cheng Zijie, who has previously hated learning — standing between them and all manner of destruction.
Additionally, POW! Entertainment promise that Between the Lines “profoundly reflects the significant role of movable type printing in promoting modern civilization,” with commentary throughout the book on the topic.
The project is the second from POW! Entertainment since it was acquired by Hong Kong-based Camsing International Holding Ltd. last year, following Stan Lee’s Work Force earlier this year. Between the Lines will be serialized on Quidian Book and QQ Book, two popular online reading platforms owned by e-books giant China Literature.
Between the Lines will debut at the Stan Lee Comic Universe Convention, which is set to run Oct. 1-3 in Shanghai.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day