- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Startup Chinese film company Linking Star Pictures is partnering with comic book legend Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment to develop five superhero films, with former Marvel vice president Bob Sabouni serving as an art consultant on the projects.
Linking Star Pictures is a new joint venture between Beijing Film Co., Beijing Novo United Films Co. and Hong Kong-based Camsing International, which acquired Lee’s POW! for an undisclosed sum in May.
Lee was retained in the deal as POW!’s chief creative officer.
In addition to the plans with POW!, Linking Star unveiled a development fund Monday to go toward cultivating Chinese superhero IP through a competition series designed to develop young Chinese film talent. The competition will be judged by a panel of local experts, including producer Weimin Wang (Wolf Totem); Dan Yang, vice president of online ticket-selling service Weying; and Yonghong Deng, vp Beijing Film Association, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day