- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures is more than just a kid friendly animated retelling of the events from the original trilogy of movies; as of Dec. 1, it’ll also be a toy line from Hasbro offering new versions of classic figures, available exclusively at Walmart.
The first wave of figures in the line will be Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, R2-D2 and Darth Vader. Each 3.75-inch figure will be accompanied by an accessory of some kind, as well as a Galaxy of Adventures mini-comic and QR code allowing the opportunity to access online adventures centering around that character.
A second wave of figures will follow in Spring 2019, featuring Princess Leia, Han Solo, Yoda and an Imperial Stormtrooper.
The first six Galaxy of Adventures shorts — each one running under 90 seconds — were released today, with new episodes scheduled to debut throughout December and into 2019. According to Lucasfilm, the program is part of a year-long initiative to build to the release of Star Wars: Episode IX in December 2019, and it is intended to introduce younger viewers to the franchise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day