- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Not everyone has the ability to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Anaheim, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t eat like they do on the Outer Rim anyway. Disney and Insight Editions has unveiled the upcoming release of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge — The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook.
Written by Marc Sumerak (Hidden Universe Travel Guides: The Complete Marvel Cosmos) and Chelsea Monroe-Cassel, who has previously worked on a number of fantasy-themed cookbooks, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook intends to allow fans to re-create the food available at the Disney attraction, which is presented as actual in-universe food from the Star Wars mythology.
Specifically, the book is written from the point of view of Strono “Cookie” Tuggs, one-time head chef at Maz Kanata’s castle on Takodana, as seen in 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. After working for the cantankerous Maz, Tuggs apparently traveled across the galaxy, picking up food tips before settling down to write a cookbook, because every single Star Wars movie demonstrates the dual importance of (a) literacy and (b) home cooking in the galaxy.
The 176-page title is set to be released Nov. 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade