- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At this year’s British Academy Britannia Awards, actor Harrison Ford will be presented with the Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment.
The award is meant to honor the “rare breed of iconic and trail-blazing individuals whose talented, innovative approach and true global appeal has had a profound, lasting impact on the worldwide entertainment industry.”
Ford’s career spans decades, starting with American Graffiti and going on to portray the iconic characters of Hans Solo and Indiana Jones. Ford can be seen in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens, out this December.
It was also announced today that British actor and comedian Jack Whitehall will host this year’s award show, which will air in the U.K. on Pop on Nov. 6.
Also to be honored at the ceremony for their creative efforts is actress Meryl Streep, director Sam Mendes, late night host James Corden, actor Orlando Bloom and comedian Amy Schumer.
The British Academy Britannia Awards ceremony is put on by The British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles and will take place on Oct. 30 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day