- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
There was no way the VMAs red carpet would be boring with Miley Cyrus in the house. But the evening’s host wasn’t the only one donning bold, colorful outfits. And, appropriately enough, the red carpet was actually a kaleidoscope of rainbow hues.
On it, Gigi Hadid and Karlie Kloss arrived with squad leader Taylor Swift, both wearing brilliant shades — marigold and orange, respectively. Swift herself was rocking bright holographic sequins.
Read more Justin Bieber Channels Kate Gosselin at VMAs
Kourtney Kardashian stood out from her sisters, who wore earthy tones, in a poppy red jumpsuit, and Kat Graham went with a festive multicolored frock. Actress Arielle Vandenberg had one of the best dresses of the evening: a gorgeous turquoise velvet number.
Singers Shannon Bex and Aubrey O’Day went matchy matchy in interesting coral and black dresses. And then, of course, there was Amber Rose and her crew in their neon ‘slut’ outfits.
Read more No One Is Wearing Underwear at the MTV VMAs
After the carpet, Nicki Minaj slipped into a crimson feathery sequined number to open the show, which also featured Swift in a coordinating fringe costume. Cyrus changed into a two-piece ensemble that featured red lips and blue eyeballs. And Demi Lovato wore magenta for her performance, alongside dancers dancers in vibrant swimsuits with matching fur jackets.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day