- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Under new Canadian control, Starz Animation Toronto has been rebranded as Arc Productions.
The move follows U.S.-based Starz selling a majority stake in the Toronto animation and visual effects studio to a local consortium. Arc Productions will continue to do animation and visual effects on a fee-for-work basis, including work for Starz’ Camelot mini-series and Robosapien: Rebooted, a live-action family feature from Arad Productions.
The studio’s slate includes Dolphin Tale, a fall 2011 release from Alcon Entertainment and Warner Bros. that stars Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd.
Arc Productions is also looking to do more proprietary production, where it holds rights to projects it completes. The studio has just unveiled plans for a stereoscopic CG animated movie with the working title OZ3D, having pacted with Multiple Media Entertainment and Gigapix Studios.
Gigapix Studios acquired the U.S. rights to the $20 million wizard movie. Starz remains a minority shareholder in Arc Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day