- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starz has launched a standalone subscription streaming app.
The app costs $8.99 a month and is available for download from Apple’s app store — for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV — and Google’s play store, for Android devices.
The app allows up to four users to watch simultaneously and offers virtually unlimited downloads, a first for a premium cable channel app. Existing Starz subscribers can authenticate and view Starz programming through the app as well.
The service will give users access to more than 2,400 selections a month, including Starz series like Outlander and movies from Disney and Sony, including, later this year, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
With its standalone app, Starz joins HBO and Showtime as premium cable channels offering digital subscription services.
Tuesday’s launch follows Starz partnering with Amazon in December to allow Prime Video members to add a Starz subscription to their service.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day