- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stefano Pilati is officially exiting his role as head of design at Ermenegildo Zegna Couture, a position which he held for three years at the Milanese menswear fashion house.
Zegna Group CEO Gildo Zegna on Wednesday confirmed the announcement, and praised Pilati’s work in a statement.
“I want to thank Stefano for his contribution to Ermenegildo Zegna. We wanted to develop a strong point of view in fashion as well as style, and for Zegna to be a show not to be missed in Milan,” said Zegna. “We have reached this objective faster than expected. As we move on to write new chapters in Zegna’s development, I wish Stefano well for his future endeavours.”
See more All the Ridiculously Good Looking People at the ‘Zoolander 2′ Premiere
Pilati will now “focus on other projects that I put aside in order to achieve our common goals with Zegna Couture,” according to the designer in a statement. “I have given much consideration to this decision and after thoughtful conversations with Gildo Zegna, we have reached the conclusion that the mission he entrusted me with had been fulfilled.”
Pilati’s announcement comes of the heels of a string of European menswear designers who have announced departures from their respective fashion houses in the last week, including Brioni creative director Brendan Mullane and Berluti designer Alessandro Sartori.
Read more Kristen Stewart Is the New Face of Chanel Makeup
As The New York Times fashion critic/director Vanessa Friedman points out, Pilati’s short-lived stint of three years may not be just a coincidence: Alexander Wang and Balenciaga parted ways after the same time period, as did Raf Simons with Dior and Mullane with Brioni.
“Three years is far too short a time to really reboot a brand’s image and solidify a new direction in consumers’ minds and closets, even in the slow-moving, detail-oriented world of men’s wear,” writes Friedman. “Three years (effectively six collections) is more like a palate cleanser: a washing out of the old, and readying for the new.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Andrew Lloyd Webber Says His Son Has Been Checked Into Hospice Care After His “Ghastly” Cancer Diagnosis
Christina Applegate Slams Candace Owens’ Criticism of Underwear Ad Featuring Model in Wheelchair: “My Rage Is Keeping Me Awake”
Justin Roiland Domestic Violence Charges Dismissed by Orange County District Attorney
The Stories Behind Whitney Houston’s Unreleased Gospel Songs: “She Left Healing Music for the World”