- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With roles in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Avengers under his belt, plus upcoming turns in Thor: The Dark World and Lars Von Triers‘ sexually explicit The Nymphomaniac, Sweden’s Stellan Skarsgard remains one of cinema’s busiest actors.
But his prolificacy extends beyond his professional life: Skarsgard, 61, has become a father for the eighth time on Friday, a rep for the actor confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The child, a healthy boy, was born to wife Megan Everett in Stockholm. The couple shares one other child, three-year-old son Ossian.
The other six children — Alexander, Gustaf, Sam, Bill, Valter and Eija — come from Skarsgard’s previous marriage to My Skarsgard.
Four of them are actors, with none better known than Alexander, who plays vampire Eric Northman on HBO’s True Blood and currently stars in his own Calvin Klein fragrance campaign.
But will the newest addition to the family follow in dad’s footsteps? Time will tell.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day