- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – The European Film Academy (EFA) is bumping up the star quotient for its’ annual film honors, with Euro luminaries including Stellan Skarsgard, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Mads Mikkelson and Game of Thrones actress Sibel Kekilli set to attend the 24th European Film Awards in Berlin Dec. 3.
It’s still not clear whether the full A-list of nominated actors – which include Kirsten Dunst (Melancholia), Tilda Swinton (We Have to Talk About Kevin) and Colin Firth (The King’s Speech) – will make the trip to Berlin. But there will be an abundance of behind-the-camera talent attending, including EFA president Wim Wenders, nominated for his 3-D dance documentary Pina, British director Stephen Frears, who will be receiving a lifetime achievement honor, Chicken With Plums helmer Marjane Satrapi and Brit cinematographer Peter Suschitzky (A Dangerous Method).
German comedienne Anke Engelke will host the event in front of 1,000 guests at Berlin’s Tempodrom arena with musical entertainment provided by Balkan beats DJ Shantel. For the afterparty at Berlin’s Hotel Concorde, German director Fatih Akin will man the decks together with his Soul Kitchen star Adam Bousdoukos.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day