- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Colbert, who insisted he was different than his “identical cousin” who hosted Comedy Central’s Report for 10 years, appeared live from his “cabin in the mountains of justice” where he lives with Jon Stewart, who was out “teaching a wounded moose to read.”
Armed with a sword and Captain America’s iconic starred shield, the “right-wing pundit” Colbert took the Late Show stage to send off the “America-hating, secret Muslim, lead-from-behind, terrorist-fist-bumping, hope-and-changing apologist in chief.” He then gave a brief taste of one of The Colbert Report‘s most popular segments, “The Word,” revamped as “The Werd” yet again: “Thanks, Obama.”
Colbert began introducing his “twin cousin” on the show last year after he told his Late Show crowd in a roundabout way that Comedy Central’s legal team has suggested he can’t bring the character to his CBS show. The new character had insisted on the show that he was “totally different” from his TV-host cousin.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day