- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Stephen Collins may be in the clear.
TMZ reports that the 7th Heaven star is not likely to be prosecuted for child molestation charges, citing law enforcement sources.
Collins has been under fire since audio surfaced last week in which he allegedly admits to molesting underage girls. However, the three alleged incidents date back decades, and prosecutors are reportedly hampered by the statute of limitations.
The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that it is investigating a claim that Collins exposed himself to a 13-year-old girl in 1983.
See more Hollywood’s Recent Mugshots
The New York Police Department reportedly has been investigating an incident from the 1970s, in which the victim came forward in 2012.
The L.A. sheriff’s department and the NYPD did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
While Collins may not be prosecuted, the molestation issue is likely to come up in his divorce trial with estranged wife Faye Grant next month. Grant is looking to protect her portion of their assets in case one of the alleged victims files suit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day