- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British actress Frances O’Connor will star in the project, to be directed by Peter Cornwell from a script by Matt Greenberg. Blum will produce with Wonderland Sound and Vision’s McG and Mary Viola.
The tale, which King first published in 1984 in Wierdbook magazine and which was then published in his 1985 short story collection Skeleton Key, concerns a mother, played by O’Connor, with two young sons who come to discover their ailing grandmother, Mercy, is a witch.
Blum, repped by CAA, has a first-look deal to produce low-budget genre pics for Universal. The producer currently has two horror hits playing theaters: Paranormal Activity 4 and Sinister.
O’Connor, repped by Gersh and Wishlab, has appeared in A.I. Artificial Intelligence and, most recently, The Hunter.
McG, who last directed This Means War and exec produces Supernatural, is repped by WME, Management 360 and Slone, Offer, Weber and Dern.
Cornwell, repped by ICM Partners, the Gotham Group and Felker Toczek Gellman Suddleson, directed 2009’s The Haunting in Connecticut.
Greenberg, repped by UTA, Magnolia Entertainment and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern, previously adapted another King short story, 1408, into the 2007 feature of the same name.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Women in Entertainment
Women in Entertainment 2022