- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – A web series and feature co-produced by Steve Coogan‘s U.K.-based Baby Cow Productions with Duopoly, Farmhouse Productions and Smiley Guy Studios in Canada will debut on FearNet.
SOS: Save Our Skins will launch on the horror-themed cabler on April 1 as 13 seven-minute episodes, as part of FearNet’s new Twisted Comedy block.
The comedy portrays two hapless British geeks who wake up in New York City, only to find that the entire human race has vanished.
Bite TV in Canada will start airing four half-hour episodes of SOS: Save Our Skins back-to-back on April 5.
The U.K.-Canada co-production was originally delivered as four TV half-hours, 13 seven-minute webisodes and a 90-minute movie. The film version bowed at the 39th Boston Sci-Fi Film Festival in February.
The series was created, written and stars the British comedy writing team of Nat Saunders and Chris Hayward. Their TV credits include Big Train (BBC), Smack the Pony (Channel 4), Trollied (Sky) and Fit (CBBC).
The sci-fi, comedy and horror homage also stars Hannah Spear and Peter Serafinowicz.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day