- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IFC Films has nabbed U.S. rights to Michael Winterbottom’s The Trip to Greece, the fourth installment of the Trip franchise that sees Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon reunite for another semi-fictional working vacation in Europe.
IFC Films plans to release the film in summer 2020. The Sky original film features Coogan and Brydon in another comedy and culinary outing amid classical ruins and restaurants and hotels across Greece.
“We have travelled all over Europe with Steve, Rob, and Michael in what is the most successful and tasty independent franchise and we can’t wait to present U.S. audiences with the latest trip to Greece!” IFC Films executive vp acquisitions and productions Arianna Bocco said in a statement about her company’s 11th collaboration with Winterbottom.
The British director’s improvised travelogue is produced by Melissa Parmenter and Josh Hyams for Revolution Films.
The Trip to Greece has also been sold to Madman Entertainment for Australia, Non Stop for Scandinavia, Elevation Pictures for Canada and California Filmes for Latin America.
This story first appeared in The Hollywood Reporter’s Nov. 9 daily issue at the American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day