- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The latest talent additions come as Entertainment One announced Monday that it had picked up the international rights to the Viggo Mortensen-starrer.
The Canadian distributor, while handling sales beyond the U.S. market, will also release Captain Fantastic in the U.K., Canada and Australia/New Zealand.
The film also stars Frank Langella, George MacKay, Annalise Basso, Samantha Isler, Nicholas Hamilton, Shree Crooks and Charlie Shotwell.
The international rights deal was helmed by eOne in association with Shivani Rawat and Nimitt Mankad through ShivHans Pictures and Lynette Howell and Jamie Patricof through Electric City Entertainment.
Howell and Patricof are producing the film alongside Rawat and Mankad.
In partnership with ShivHans Pictures, eOne launched Trumbo in Cannes.
“It is also about partnering with Lynette Howell, Jamie Patricof and the team at Electric City, who brought us wonderful films such as Blue Valentine and The Place Beyond the Pines. We all think we have a winner here,” Harold van Lier, president eOne Films International, said in a statement Monday.
Van Lier and Lara Thompson, executive vp filmed entertainment, negotiated the deal on behalf of eOne, with Mankad on behalf of ShivHans and the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day