- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ready Player One will make its world debut at the festival on Sunday night at the Paramount Theater in Austin, Texas. Based on Ernest Cline’s novel of the same name, the movie stars Tye Sheridan and Olivia Cooke. In the pic, which is set in the year 2045, people can escape their harsh reality in an immersive virtual world where the only limits are one’s own imagination.
“We are thrilled to be premiering Ready Player One at SXSW. The film brings to the screen a story that has captivated millions of readers around the globe, written by Austin’s very own Ernest Cline,” said Janet Pierson, SXSW director of film. “And in the hands of Steven Spielberg — inarguably one of our greatest directors — we know the film is going to be a special cinematic event for our attendees. We are also excited to have here the Ready Player One Experience, which brings us into both the physical and virtual worlds of the film.”
Ready Player One also stars Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, Lena Waithe, T.J. Miller, Philip Zhao, Win Morisaki, Hannah John-Kamen, Simon Pegg and Mark Rylance. Produced by Warner Bros. Pictures and Amblin Entertainment in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, the film is set to hit theaters March 29.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day