- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steven Tyler lost two of his teeth and sustained cuts near his eyebrow and mouth Tuesday after falling in his hotel bathroom in Paraguay, the country’s largest newspaper reported.
Tyler, the lead singer of Aerosmith and a judge on Fox’s American Idol, was treated at a hospital before being released, the newspaper ABC reported, per Reuters.
A relative of one of the newspaper’s employees reportedly saw Tyler, 63, being brought into the hospital emergency room, where he spent three hours being treated.
A man who identified himself as Gustavo Perez, a bellboy at the Bourbon hotel near Asuncion, told local radio that Tyler slipped when he was taking a shower and “had a nasty fall.”
Hospital officials have yet to comment.
Tyler is in Asuncion, the capital of Paraguay, to perform at a rock festival, but the concert has reportedly been postponed by one day.
The rocker also is gearing up for the 11th season of American Idol — his second as judge — which debuts Jan. 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day