- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Long before Social Media Queen Caitlyn Jenner was pioneering the transgender movement, fashion empires like Barneys New York were slowly but surely paving the way for the acceptance of trans people. Following in Barneys‘ footsteps were companies like Makeup For Ever, Redken and Modcloth as well as Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci, all of whom helped grow the transgender fashion community.
Now, H&M’s two-year-old little sister brand, & Other Stories, is the latest label embracing the trans-world with a campaign for an athleisure capsule collection starring transgender models Valentijn de Hingh and Hari Nef.
Read more Stella McCartney Drops Wools Supplier After PETA Report of Mistreatment
With the ever-growing popularity of models like Andreja Pejic and Lea T — and even a new all-transgender modeling agency opening in L.A. — it appears that fashion will continue to lead the way for the trans movement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Prince Harry a No-Show on First Day of London Tabloid Trial, Set to Become First Royal to Testify in 130 Years
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Warns of the Danger of Speculating About Someone’s Sexuality
The Partridge Family
Danny Bonaduce Says He’s Getting Brain Surgery Following Neurological Disorder Diagnosis