- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An adult film star who reportedly alleged an extramarital affair with Donald Trump now says in a statement the affair never happened.
A lawyer for porn actress Stormy Daniels confirmed his client’s statement Tuesday. Daniels’ real name is Stephanie Clifford.
Clifford has been on a publicity tour in recent weeks amid news of the alleged 2006 tryst with the president. She is scheduled to appear Tuesday on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! Her publicist hasn’t answered questions about the statement. (She also gave a cagey answer on Kimmel.)
Clifford has reportedly sought to tell her story before, in 2011 and again during the 2016 presidential campaign. In January, InTouch published an interview with Clifford that the publication said it had conducted in 2011, in which she recounts an affair in 2006 at a golf tournament. The Wall Street Journal has also reported that Clifford was scheduled to appear on ABC’s Good Morning America to talk about Trump in the fall of 2016, but abruptly canceled her appearance.
The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this month that Trump’s personal lawyer brokered a $130,000 payment to Clifford in October 2016 to keep her from publicly discussing it. She denied ever accepting “hush money” to not talk about Trump.
Trump’s lawyer has denied any affair.