- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Los Angeles premiere of Straight Outta Compton takes place Monday, Aug. 10, at downtown entertainment complex L.A. Live and security is tight.
An earlier report by L.A. Weekly noted that the LAPD was “beefing up its presence” for the event. Indeed, an onsite security staffer confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that organizers had “tripled security” for the red- carpet premiere (the movie opens wide Friday, Aug. 14).
The rags-to-riches story of pioneering rap group N.W.A stars O’Shea Jackson Jr. (son of N.W.A co-founder Ice Cube), Corey Hawkins, Jason Mitchell, Neil Brown Jr. and Paul Giamatti. The surviving real-life subjects are expected to be in attendance and include Dr. Dre, whose comfort and safety is of “paramount concern” to security, says an insider.
Other security measures include metal detectors at entrances and exits.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day