- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Strand Releasing has acquired all U.S. rights to Carol Morley’s documentary Dreams of Life, which screened at this year’s SXSW film festival. The distributor acquired the film from Entertainment One and is planning an Aug. 3 release.
The film follows the case of Joyce Vincent, a 38-year-old who died in her apartment above a shopping mall in North London in 2003. Her skeleton was discovered three years later in the apartment, where the TV and heating were still on.
“I knew from the moment I read the anonymous story in the newspaper that I was going to make a film about Joyce Vincent, I could not let her remain forgotten,” Morley said.
“We’re thrilled to be working on this innovative documentary, I hope it finds the same critical response it received in its U.K. opening,” Strand’s Marcus Hu commented.
The deal was negotiated by Strand’s Jon Gerrans and Charlotte Mickie, executive vp of eOne Films International.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day