- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She became one of the most talked about elements of Netflix’s hit drama Stranger Things as the unfortunate, oversized-specs-wearing Barb, but now Shannon Purser’s film career is gathering further momentum.
Having already signed up for the Melissa McCarthy comedy Life of the Party, the 19-year-old actress has now found another feature outlet in Wish Upon, the upcoming thriller coming from Broad Green Pictures.
The film, currently in preproduction, has John Leonetti (Annabelle) directing from a script written by Barbara Marshall (The Listener) and Sherryl Clark (Viral, Cloverfield) of Busted Shark Productions producing. Alongside Purser, Joey King (The Conjuring, Fargo) stars, playing a 16-year-old misfit who finds a magic box that promises a chance at the life she’s always wanted only to discover that each wish demands a deadly payment.
Mister Smith Entertainment is set to launch international sales on Wish Upon at next month’s American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day