- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a rare moment of Hollywood camaraderie, all six major studios are banding together to co-host a planned memorial reception for slain publicist Ronni Chasen.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, the Walt Disney Co. and Paramount Pictures have together committed to help foot the bill for a private gathering to be held after Chasen’s funeral Sunday.
Chasen, 64, was shot to death Nov. 16 while driving home from the premiere of Sony’s Burlesque. The investigation into the killing, which has stunned Hollywood, is ongoing.
A veteran press agent, Chasen had worked for decades with executives at every studio in entertainment.
Her funeral is scheduled for 11 a.m. Sunday at Hillside Memorial in Culver City. Invited guests will be given instructions for the invite-only post-memorial reception to be held on the Sony lot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day