- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From cutting calories to getting cut.
Syfy confirmed Thursday that Jared Fogle no longer will be appearing in the network’s third Sharknado movie, Sharknado: Oh Hell No. The network said that Fogle’s cameo has been cut as a result of the ongoing child pornography investigation in which Fogle is currently involved.
The former Subway pitchman’s Indiana home was raided Tuesday by the FBI in connection with an investigation following the arrest of Russell Taylor, the former executive director of Fogle’s anti-obesity Jared Foundation, for possession of child porn.
According to investigators, Taylor’s computer somehow was connected to Fogle’s foundation, hence the subsequent search of Fogle’s home.
Though no arrests have been made, Subway since has suspended its relationship with its famous spokesman. Fogle has credited the sandwich chain for helping him lose nearly 250 pounds and subsequently was hired by the company.
The Sharknado 3 cameo would have been Fogle’s second appearance in the over-the-top horror trilogy, having appeared in Sharknado 2: The Second One.
Sharknado 3, sans Fogle, will air July 22 on Syfy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day