- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress, who plays country girl Bailey Pickett on the Disney Channel’s The Suite Life of Deck, has been tapped to star in a new Disney series called Jessie. She’ll play a teen from rural Texas who moves to New York and becomes an au pair to a wealthy family with four children. The series will be previewed at Disney’s upfront presentation Wednesday in New York, where Ryan will be in attendance.
The series, which premieres in the fall, will once again team Ryan with Suite Life producer Pam Eels (Suite Life on Deck, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Family Matters). Disney will position the show, from It’s a Laugh Prods., as a companion to the already popular Good Luck Charlie.
Meantime, the network will continue to pump the Ryan brand through the Suite Life on Deck movie, which will premiere on the channel March 25.
Ryan, who previously appeared in the Disney Channel’s 16 Wishes movie, is repped by Innovative Artists and Kritzer Levine Wilkins Griffin Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day