- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In Amazon’s quest to slowly but surely takeover the (shopping) universe, the retailer has tapped top model and Redken muse Suki Waterhouse as the new face of its growing fashion business. The move is the retailer’s latest attempt to weasel its way into the billion-dollar high-fashion world, where it hopes to make a name for itself as the first stop for all things style-related, in addition to its role as the go-to for bulk orders of Cliff Bars and toilet paper.
Amazon Fashion announced its partnership with the 23-year-old on Thursday at the opening of its new high-tech photo studio in London, which, according to Tech Crunch, is a 46,000 square-foot space with 22 individual photography bays using state-of-the art equipment — the largest of its kind in Europe.
Other recent efforts at cozying up to the industry include its sponsorship of last week’s inaugural New York Fashion Week: Men‘s as well as the February hire of former Vogue editor Caroline Palmer to head up the site’s editorial duties.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day