- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Global Poverty Project said Wednesday that the Sumner M. Redstone Foundation has donated $1.5 million to further its mission of eradicating extreme poverty, continuing his recent string of donations. The contribution will support the group’s “End of Polio Campaign,” focused on ending polio. The gift will also support the group’s endowment fund, which fights poverty via campaigns for health, fair trade and good governance.?
Earlier this summer, Redstone donated another $720,000 to the Cambodian Children’s Fund, which provides health and educational services to impoverished and abused children in Cambodia’s capital Phnom Penh. That brought the media mogul’s total commitment to CCF to $1.72 million. ??Last year, Redstone donated $1.5 million to schools he attended and $1 million to advocacy group Autism Speaks.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is also a major funder of the Global Poverty Project.
“By joining forces and focusing our resources, we can finally end polio and find a path to the eradication of extreme poverty,” Redstone said Wednesday about his latest donation. “I hope others will heed the call and join me in this vitally important mission.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day