- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Whit Stillman’s Love & Friendship will get a theatrical release thanks to a partnership between Amazon Studios and Roadside Attractions, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The period piece will receive an exclusive theatrical window before becoming available on Amazon’s subscription streaming service.
Love & Friendship reunites The Last Days of Disco stars Kate Beckinsale and Chloe Sevigny with Stillman. The cast also includes Emma Greenwell, Morfydd Clark, Jemma Redgrave, James Fleet, Tom Bennett and Justin Edwards.
Beckinsale stars in the 1790s-set film as widow Lady Susan Vernon, who goes to live on her in-laws’ estate amid colorful rumors about her social life. It is there that she decides to find husbands for herself and her daughter, Frederica.
Amazon acquired North American rights to the pic last summer, but the partnership with Roadside means it will also hit cinemas. The companies inked a similar deal for the theatrical release of Spike Lee’s Chi-raq, which premiered Dec. 4 in theaters before becoming available for rental or purchase on Amazon.
Love & Friendship is making its premiere in Park City, Utah, on Saturday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day