- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IFC Midnight has acquired U.S. rights to The Hallow, after the horror film premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The Hallow, directed by Corin Hardy, stars Joseph Mawle, Bojana Novakovic, Michael McElhatton and Michael Smiley. The film follows a London-based conservationist sent to Ireland to survey an ancient forest with superstitions surrounding the land.
Joe Neurauter and Felipe Marino produced the film with Tim Smith, Paul Brett, Michael Mailis, Will Clarke and Kate Sharp attached as executive producers.
WME Global and ICM Partners repped the filmmakers.
In a Sundance review, THR critic David Rooney wrote that “As first films go, this one is visually energized, dynamically paced and discerning in its cine-literate references. It’s also a kick-ass calling card for Hardy as he moves on to bigger projects.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day