- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Magnolia Pictures has acquired world rights to Results ahead of its Sundance premiere.
Two mismatched personal trainers’ lives are twisted by a new client, Danny, played by Kevin Corrigan. Danny is a miserable divorcee with a hefty bank account. As he searches for a balance between wealth and happiness, his path gets tangled with a local gym owner, Trevor, played by Guy Pearce, and trainer Kat, played by Cobie Smulders.
Andrew Bujalski wrote and directed the film. Sam Slater, Paul Bernon and Houston King produced Results with David Bernon, Sev Ohanian and Greg Stewart as executive producers.
Magnolia is eyeing a summer theatrical release for the film.
“We’ve been longtime fans of Andrew Bujalski, one of the most distinctive American directors working today. We are incredibly excited to be handling Results, especially with the stellar cast he’s assembled,” said Magnolia’s president Eamonn Bowles.
The deal was negotiated by Magnolia senior vp acquisitions Dori Begley and director of acquisitions John Von Thaden with ICM Partners on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Queen of Basketball