- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The renowned, sonorous tones of Sam Elliott are back in The Hollywood Reporter’s exclusive clip of The Hero.
Elliott plays Lee Hayden, a washed-up Western film icon, who today makes a living through voiceovers, while leading a sedentary life accompanied by copious amounts of weed and former co-star turned dealer (Nick Offerman). Upon being struck with a surprise cancer diagnosis, he quickly prioritizes, and commits to proving his self-worth through a reprisal of his most iconic role, The Hero, in a sequel to the beloved Western film. In addition, he attempts to mend the relationship with his estranged daughter and reconnect with his ex-wife.
In the film, Laura Prepon plays Charlotte, an exciting stand-up comic who sparks a compelling relationship with Lee. The clip sees the two meeting for the first time, and Lee sharing a wry joke.
Written and directed Brett Haley, the film will make its debut at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 21; it also stars Katharine Ross and Krysten Ritter.
Watch the exclusive clip above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day