- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jaguar drove full speed onto the radars of the millions of viewers with their first-ever Super Bowl spot during the game’s fourth quarter on Sunday.
The slick ad to launch the F-Type Coupe was dubbed “Rendezvous” and directed by Tom Hooper, who won the best director Oscar for The King’s Speech, and featured Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong.
The premise of the 60-second spot — which was laden with cinematic action and British drollery — is that British villains are as reliably intriguing as well-designed British sports cars.
“Rendezvous” was filmed in London in partnership with Hooper’s Smuggler Films. The F-Type Coupe goes on sale this spring, starting at $65,000.
Jaguar posted the full 60-second commercial ahead of the Super Bowl last week, as well as a making-of video that includes interviews with Hooper and the actors.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day