- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Styled by David Thomas, the singer wore a Dolce & Gabbana jacket, Dries Van Noten shirt, Saint Laurent pants and Giuseppe Zanotti kicks during his piano performance. The all-black look seems to be a running theme at Super Bowl XLIX, with Idina Menzel also opting for the look during her rendition of the national anthem.
“We knew the piano would be black and there would be a lot of royal blue along with the flags from the 50 states on the stage, so we decided to keep it simple and black,” Thomas told Pret-a-Reporter. “The look is a version of what John wears when he does casual. We wanted it to be cool and fresh, but the emphasis to be on his performance.”
Thomas also styled Legend the night before for the NFL Honors, dressing the R&B crooner in an Alexander McQueen suit, Paul Smith shirt and Prada shoes. Legend was also spotted sporting the sleek suit later that night at a waffle house (or as he wrote on Instagram, “La casa de waffle”), where he dined with wife Chrissy Tiegen, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day