- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ad features voiceover accompanied by quick clips of footage including a person hiking, a DNA strand and a close-up of an eye.
“We live in an age of searching: to find solutions, to find ourselves, to find the truth,” the announcer says in the ad. “Now imagine an age in which the predictability of science and the wisdom of religion combined. Welcome to the age of answers.”
This is not the first time the church has paid to air an ad during the pricey platform. Scientology ads aired during the Super Bowl in 2013 and 2014 as well.
This follows the doc Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief debuting earlier this month at the Sundance Film Festival. The church has launched a Twitter account to discredit the film, which focuses on Hollywood’s connection to the faith.
The Super Bowl ad can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek