- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Man, that’s some souvenir.
Minutes after Tom Brady led the New England Patriots to the largest comeback win in Super Bowl history, someone stole the quarterback’s No. 12 jersey, according to USA TODAY and other reports.
Brady was said to be looking flustered as he realized the jersey was missing. “It was right here. I know exactly where I put it,” he said as security and team staff looked for it.
Backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo recruited other players to help in the search. The jersey was not found.
When owner Robert Kraft approached his star player with a victory cigar, Brady exclaimed, “Somebody stole my game jersey!” Kraft asked, “Are you serious?”
The moment was captured on video and posted to the official NFL Twitter account with the caption, “Hey can someone give Tom Brady his jersey back?”
Even in the chaos of a Super Bowl victory, access to NFL locker rooms is pretty tightly limited to players, team personnel, media and perhaps a small group of friends, family and agents.
When asked about the jersey by USA TODAY on his way out of the stadium Brady said, “It is going to be on eBay soon, I guess.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day