- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Art may soon imitate life for actresses Susan Sarandon and Eva Amurri Martino: the duo is set to appear in Mother’s Day, a drama about the relationships between mothers and daughters.
Although their specific roles have yet to be announced, Sarandon and her daughter Martino were both cast in British writer-director Paul Duddridge’s film, which follows twelve pairs of mothers and daughters over the course of a Mother’s Day.
Martino previously played Sarandon’s daughter in the 2002 film The Banger Sisters, and played a younger version of her character, Helen Prejean, in Dead Man Walking. Since appearing on the hit Showtime television series Californication, Martino has enjoyed an increasing variety of roles in films and on TV, including Middle of Nowhere, The Education of Charlie Banks and the upcoming comedy That’s My Boy.
Sarandon won an Oscar for her performance as Prejean in Dead Man Walking after four other nominations. Her storied career includes work in such films as The Lovely Bones, Thelma and Louise, The Witches of Eastwick, Pretty Baby and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Susan Sarandon is repped by ICM.
Eva Amurri Martino is repped by Chris Dennis at Paradigm and Graciella Sanchez at One Talent Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day