- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A package addressed to California Rep. Maxine Waters appears similar to bombs sent to prominent Democrats in New York and Washington, D.C., and has been intercepted at a Los Angeles mail facility.
That’s according to a law enforcement official who said the package has similar markings and characteristics to five others that had been discovered this week.
The official wasn’t authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation and spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
The five other packages all contained pipe bombs and targeted Hillary Clinton, former President Barack Obama, CNN and others.
Waters, a Democrat, said earlier Wednesday her Washington office, too, was the target of a suspicious package.
That package was intercepted at a facility that processes congressional mail. It wasn’t immediately clear if it was related to the others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day