- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Swedish producer Helena Danielsson has won this year’s European Co-Production Award, the Prix Eurimages, for her role in shaping the European co-production industry, the European Film Academy announced Tuesday.
Among Danielsson’s extensive credits are Pernilla August‘s period drama Beyond, which stars Noomi Rapace (Prometheus) and won Venice Critics’ Week in 2010; the feature documentary Smiling In a Warzone, an International Emmy nominee in 2007; and Clive Gordon‘s adventure thriller Cargo starring Peter Mullan and Daniel Bruhl.
Danielsson set up her own production company, Hepp Film, in Sweden in 2003 but also works with Tre Vanner Productions, the Swedish shingle behind the Snabba Cash crime franchise.
She will receive her Prix Eurimages at the 25th European Film Awards, to be held in Malta Dec. 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day