- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s time to take a familiar legend to another realm.
In March, Heat Vision broke the news that Locke & Key co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez’s new project would push the Arthurian myth into space, and now we can exclusively reveal the trailer for Sword of Ages.
The new five-issue series reimagines the famous mythology against an intergalactic backdrop, as a young woman becomes the owner of the most sacred weapon in existence in order to fight for her planet’s continued survival, inspiring others to take up the cause alongside her.
“It all started with a series of images I wanted to flesh out, built over the backbone of a myth that had always fascinated me,” Rodriguez told Heat Vision when the project was first announced. “It will let me talk about subjects that interest me while creating a visual world of the kind I would love to get into as a reader.”
Sword of Ages No. 1, published by IDW Publishing, will be available in comic stores and digitally this Wednesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day