- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As the South by Southwest Film Festival winds to a close, the fest has announced a batch of audience award winners.
Matthew Lillard’s directorial debut, Fat Kid Rules the World, an adaptation of K. L. Going’s young adult novel about an overweight teen, claimed the prize in the Narrative Feature Spotlight category.
Joe Berlinger’s documentary Under African Skies, about Paul Simon’s return visit to South Africa, was the winner in the 24 Beats Per Second sidebar, which featured music-themed films.
The other audience winners included Katy Dellamaggiore’s Brooklyn Castle, Documentary Feature Spotlight; Kahlil Hudson and Tyler Hughen’s Low & Clear, Emerging Visions; Ciaran Foy’s Citadel, Midnighters; Nina Conti’s Master’s Voice, SXGlobal; and Jeff Orlowski’s Chasing Ice, Festival Favorites.
The film festival concludes this evening with the world premiere of Emmett Malloy’s Big Easy Express.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day