- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Debuting in SXSW’s narrative competition is The Mend, a tempestuous family drama starring Josh Lucas.
Lucas plays Mat – a drifter with anger issues who drops in uninvited on his younger brother Alan, who shares an apartment with his girlfriend in Harlem. Mat then proceeds to take over Alan’s life.
In this exclusive sneak peek, Mat, having crashed a get-together at Alan’s, listens on as the brothers’ uncle (played by American theater great Austin Pendleton) entertains the crowd with stories about their father’s wild past — a touchy subject for his sons. The result is the apartment party from hell.
The Mend is from writer-director John Magary – a Texas native, having grown up in Dallas, who later attended Columbia’s graduate film program and Sundance’s Directors-Screenwriters Lab.
The Mend premieres Sunday, March 9 at 9:00 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day