- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fresh off his bizarre face-off with Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, Jimmy Kimmel is welcoming another larger-than-life politician to his late show — Texas Governor Rick Perry — as his ABC talker rolls into the Lone Star State for a week of tapings from the South by Southwest film festival.
Also slated to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live! during its weeklong Austin, Texas, visit, a first for the show, are Seth Rogen (in town with Zac Efron to debut new comedy Neighbors on Saturday night), rapper Snoop Dogg, Rosario Dawson, Robert Duvall and Rachael Ray.
Live! is also taking advantage of the vast number of musicians participating in SXSW, with acts like White Denim, Aloe Blacc, Damon Albarn and the patron saint of Austin himself, Willie Nelson, on tap to perform. House band Cleto and the Cletones will also highlight visiting musicians, such as The Fabulous Thunderbirds’ Jimmie Vaughn, Johnny Winter and Los Lonely Boys.
Jimmy Kimmel Live! will broadcast five shows from the Long Center for the Performing Arts beginning on Monday. The show will also film comedy bits around Texas and at SXSW, which is expecting 30,000 visitors this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day