- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, which Fidell wrote and directed, stars Taissa Farmiga and Ben Rosenfield as a young couple whose relationship begins to unravel. The film also features Lindsay Burdge, Joshua Leonard, Dana Wheeler-Nicholson, Jennifer Lafleur and Peter Vack. It was produced by Duplass Brothers Productions, Kelly Williams, Jonathan Duffy, and Andrew Logan in association with Arts & Labor.
Netflix, which signed a four-picture deal with Jay and Mark Duplass in January, will debut the feature later this year. “We are thrilled to bring this terrific film 6 Years to audiences at SXSW and Netflix, and to extend our deal with the Duplass brothers in the process,” Ted Sarandos, Nextflix chief content officer, said.
Mark Duplass commented, “Jay and I couldn’t be more psyched to expand our producing relationship with Netflix. All the more fun to do it with 6 Years in that Hannah’s first movie, A Teacher, really found its core audience on Netflix.”
ICM Partners and Submarine repped the filmmmakers in the deal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day