- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The world premiere of Richard Linklater’s dramedy Everybody Wants Some will open the South by Southwest film festival on March 11.
The film follows a group of college baseball players in ’80s Texas as they navigate their impending adulthood. Blake Jenner, Ryan Guzman, Tyler Hoechlin, Wyatt Russell and Zoey Deutch star in the coming-of-age film that draws its title from a Van Halen song.
“We are so thrilled to premiere Richard’s latest work, which is really funny, instantly quotable, and filled will great new talent,” said Janet Pierson, head of SXSW Film. “Audiences are going to love this paean to competition and coming of age in the 80s.”
Everybody Wants Some is the director’s first feature since releasing his twelve-year Oscar nominated passion project Boyhood.
Paramount will release the movie in theaters on April 15.
The 2016 SXSW film festival will take place in Austin, Texas from March 11 to March 15.
Nov. 17, 2:20 pm Updated headline and article to correct title of Richard Linklater’s next film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day